If you haven’t been to the UFCW Local 135 website lately, you are in for a surprise. We have a newly redesigned website that provides instant access to important information, and expanded capabilities for increased connection to your union. It has been designed with our members’ current and future needs in mind. Check it out by going to ufcw135.org.
We want to make sure you have up-to-date information as soon as we get it, and now we have that capability. We have streamlined menus with simple navigation and access to the information you need, any time of day or night. You now have easy access to information about continuing education, events (such as our annual golf tournament), meetings, etc.
Four things we hope you’ll love about the new UFCW Local 135 website:
- Home page – You will find UFCW Local 135 President Mickey Kasparian’s President’s Message from The Worker magazine. You will also find my Secretary-Treasurer’s report there. Plus you can have access to our Twitter and Facebook feeds – even if you’re not on social media, and you can also see Breaking News on the Home page.
- Search – We now have a powerful, yet simple, search feature, allowing you to find information on our site about a specific subject or keyword.So, you can enter a word, or words, such as “grievance” or “contract enforcement” and that page will come up.
- Events – just click and you will see everything we have scheduled in a calendar format. The monthly view, has pop-outs with easy to read dates, locations and other details.
Pictures – lots of pictures of our members picketing, at meetings, at press conferences or whatever you’re doing.
- Learn about our current workshops, continuing education offerings, meetings and presenters, and view the calendar of upcoming events.
- Connect with labor activism opportunities, networking, and more.
- Read about what’s going on with UFCW Local 135 in collaboration with other unions and the San Diego and Imperial Counties Labor Council.
And last, but not least, we’d appreciate hearing how we can improve the website, so feel free to contact UFCW Local 135 Communications Director Lori Kern at email@example.com with any comments, suggestions or concerns.
We will continually be expanding and updating our online content to bring you relevant information, so we encourage you to bookmark it, and check back often.
With better communication, we’ll continue to strengthen our labor community.